How To Remove Smart Service Trojan (5 Methods)
You can remove smart service Trojan manually or through antimalware (Avg, Avast, Avira, McAfee). A smart service Trojan can be defined as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) that is marketed to browse the web using VPN. It can affect the user and can cause damage to your computer.
Why Do I Need to Remove Smart Service Trojan Virus?
A trojan virus also known as the trojan horse is a piece of code, or software that acts to be legitimate and harmless but it is harmful to your computer and can take your computer under command. It is malware. It will not harm your computer until you install them.
A trojan virus is packaged and delivered inside software that your computer invades as a real and operational program. In another way, you can say, they are programmed in such a way that your computer can not detect them.
When you install the trojan virus, it remains inactive till it gets any instructions from its host (hacker). But most of them began to work when you install them. The virus can:
- Slow your computer
- Erase your computer
- Record the sites and keystrokes you visit
- Download harmful apps
- Transfer your information to the host like passwords of your email, bank, and other accounts
- Disable your antivirus so that they can not detect any harmful program
- Use your computer as a DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) network, etc.
How Do I Get Rid Of Unremovable Smart Service Trojan
You can get rid of an unremovable trojan following five steps. They are safe mode, task manager, programs and features, clear temporary files, and anti-malware software.
1. Safe Mode
Follow the steps.
1. Click on the ‘start’ button.
2. Now type “MSCONFIG” on the search bar.
3. Click on the ‘boot’ tab from the window.
4. Check on “safe mode” from there. Now click on ‘apply’ and then click on ‘ok’.
5. Again click on the configuration box and go to the ‘set up’ tab.
6. Check for any unknown file from the list (use a search engine to know about that file).
7. If the file is a virus, disable it.
8. Now click on ‘apply’ and then click on ‘ok’.
9. Do not restart your computer.
2. Task Manager
Follow the steps below.
1. Open task manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Del).
2. Go to the ‘processes’ tab.
3. Check for any unknown file from the list (use a search engine to know about that file).
4. If it is a virus, right-click on it and select ‘end task’.
3. Programs and Features
After disabling the Trojan virus you have to uninstall it. Follow the steps.
1. Click on the ‘start’ button.
2. Now type “control panel” on the search bar.
3. Select ‘Programs and Features’ from the control panel window.
4. Search for malicious applications from the search bar.
5. Right-click on it and uninstall it.
6. Now exit from the window but don’t restart the computer.
4. Clear Temporary Files
After uninstalling the trojan virus application, you need to delete the data or temporary files of the virus. Because the virus could be able to install itself from the temp files. Follow the steps.
1. Press ‘Windows key + R’.
2. Type “%temp%” on the open box.
3. Then click on ‘Ok’.
4. Now a file explorer window will open. Select all the items from there and delete them.
5. Malware Scanner
Install anti-malware software from the internet to make sure there is not any harmful software on your computer.
How Do I Permanently Delete Smart Service Trojan
A trojan downloader is a downloader that can download and install malicious software on your computer. Once the virus is installed it begins to damage the system of your computer and make it unstable. Follow the steps below to delete the Trojan downloader.
Install Malwarebytes To Remove Trojan-Downloader
Download Malwarebytes to remove the virus. Then follow the steps.
- Double-click on the Malwarebytes setup files to install the application. Click on ‘Yes’ from the window to install it.
- Now follow the on-screen prompts to install Malwarebytes. At first, it will ask you where you are installing Malwarebytes, click neither on ‘Personal computer’ nor on ‘Work computer’. then click on ‘Install’
- After installation, open the program and click on ‘Get started.
- Select ‘Malwarebytes free’ from the next window. You can also use the premium version if you want. But the free version will be enough according to your need.
- Click on ‘Scan’ to scan your computer using Malwarebytes. It will start searching automatically for malicious programs. It will take a few minutes to scan the whole computer.
- When the scan is finished, you can see the malicious programs. Click on ‘Quarantine’. Then it will remove all the malicious programs from your computer.
- When the process is finished, close it and restart your computer.
Download RogueKiller To Recheck For Other Malicious Programs
Follow the steps below :
- Download Save ‘RogueKiller’ utility from the link or you can search for it on the browser.
- Double-click on the file to run it. Now click on ‘Scan’.
- After the scan is finished, click on ‘Delete’.
- When the process is finished close the app.
How Can You Delete Trojan Data?
Follow the steps below to remove Trojan data:
1. If you can recognize the Trojan data it became easy to remove. Your system will give a DDL error for the file. You can copy the error and search for it on the internet.
2. It can restore the file you delete. Stop system restore to stop this.
3. Use safe mode. Select restore and restart your PC.
4. Remove all the programs that are affected by the trojan virus.
5. Delete all the extensions from the system folder and restart your PC in normal mode.
In this article, we have discussed the Trojan virus or Trojan horse. We also have discussed the damage the virus can cause, the processes to remove the virus, remove the data of the virus. In brief, the efficient way to delete trojan horse is to use an anti-virus and be careful before downloading any file or software.